This sandwich is SO yummy and rivaling my other favourite avocado, tomato and cheese sandwich combination. If you have left over avocado, try making the Strawberry & Avocado salad with it. (Note: If you don’t feel like making this sandwich, just head over to the Coffee Tree in Bloor West Village (part of Green Enterprise Toronto) and order their Cheese and Tomato sandwich, and for an extra couple of dollars you can get the avocado!)
- 2 pieces of Multigrain bread (I used the Country grain block loaf from Cobs)
- Cheddar chesse, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado
- Butter one side of two slices of bread.
- Place the bread, butter side down in a hot frying pan set at low-medium heat.
- Quickly lay the sliced cheese on the unbuttered side of the bread, and cover so that the cheese melts. You’re basically making an open-faced grilled cheese.
- Watch that your frying pan isn’t too hot.
- Meanwhile, scoop half of an avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork or spoon.
- Once the cheese has melted and the buttered side of the bread is nice and crunchy, remove the cheesy bread pieces from the frying pan and onto a plate.
- Arrange a couple slices of tomato on one bread slice and then scoop and spread the mashed avocado onto the other piece of bread. Combine the two slices into a sandwich and it’s heaven!